Foros: Forum of Decimal BASIC (Thread #39477)

INPUT PROMPT and PAUSE conflict in BASICAcc2 (2018-05-02 11:20 by Jerónimo #81164)

INPUT PROMPT AND PAUSE CONFLICT

If I use INPUT PROMPT to get the value of a variable, PAUSE stops the printing before it should. This is an issue in some sorts of programs because not all the data is showed.

Example:

INPUT PROMPT "VALOR=":V
PRINT V*1
PRINT V*2
PRINT V*3
PRINT V*4
PRINT V*5
PAUSE
PRINT "AFTER PAUSE"
END

But if I use the LET command, it shows all the data properly.

Example:

LET V=5
PRINT V*1
PRINT V*2
PRINT V*3
PRINT V*4
PRINT V*5
PAUSE
PRINT "AFTER PAUSE"
END

Thank you very much.

Jerónimo

Responder al #81164×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Entrar

Re: INPUT PROMPT and PAUSE conflict in BASICAcc2 (2018-05-02 22:12 by Jerónimo #81166)

[Reply To Message #81164]
> INPUT PROMPT AND PAUSE CONFLICT
>
> If I use INPUT PROMPT to get the value of a variable, PAUSE stops the printing before it should. This is an issue in some sorts of programs because not all the data is showed.
>
> Example:
>
> INPUT PROMPT "VALOR=":V
> PRINT V*1
> PRINT V*2
> PRINT V*3
> PRINT V*4
> PRINT V*5
> PAUSE
> PRINT "AFTER PAUSE"
> END
>
> But if I use the LET command, it shows all the data properly.
>
> Example:
>
> LET V=5
> PRINT V*1
> PRINT V*2
> PRINT V*3
> PRINT V*4
> PRINT V*5
> PAUSE
> PRINT "AFTER PAUSE"
> END
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Jerónimo

With INPUT works fine also.

Jerónimo
Responder al #81164

Responder al #81166×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Entrar

Re: INPUT PROMPT and PAUSE conflict in BASICAcc2 (2018-05-02 22:37 by Jerónimo #81167)

[Reply To Message #81166]
> [Reply To Message #81164]
> > INPUT PROMPT AND PAUSE CONFLICT
> >
> > If I use INPUT PROMPT to get the value of a variable, PAUSE stops the printing before it should. This is an issue in some sorts of programs because not all the data is showed.
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > INPUT PROMPT "VALOR=":V
> > PRINT V*1
> > PRINT V*2
> > PRINT V*3
> > PRINT V*4
> > PRINT V*5
> > PAUSE
> > PRINT "AFTER PAUSE"
> > END
> >
> > But if I use the LET command, it shows all the data properly.
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > LET V=5
> > PRINT V*1
> > PRINT V*2
> > PRINT V*3
> > PRINT V*4
> > PRINT V*5
> > PAUSE
> > PRINT "AFTER PAUSE"
> > END
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> >
> > Jerónimo
>
> With INPUT works fine also.
>
> Jerónimo

No, I made tests and with INPUT it fails too.
Responder al #81166

Responder al #81167×

Re: INPUT PROMPT and PAUSE conflict in BASICAcc2 (2018-05-02 23:42 by toml12953 #81168)

>
> If I use INPUT PROMPT to get the value of a variable, PAUSE stops the printing before it should. This is an issue in some sorts of programs because not all the data is showed.

It works OK for me. I use Acc2 v 2.0.2.0 and 64-bir Lazarus Pascal v. 1.82 on Windows 10, 64-bit.

Example run:

VALOR=2
AFTER PAUSE
Responder al #81164

Responder al #81168×

Re: INPUT PROMPT and PAUSE conflict in BASICAcc2 (2018-05-03 06:44 by Jerónimo #81172)

[Reply To Message #81168]
> [Reply To Message #81164]
> > INPUT PROMPT AND PAUSE CONFLICT
> >
> > If I use INPUT PROMPT to get the value of a variable, PAUSE stops the printing before it should. This is an issue in some sorts of programs because not all the data is showed.
>
> It works OK for me. I use Acc2 v 2.0.2.0 and 64-bir Lazarus Pascal v. 1.82 on Windows 10, 64-bit.
>
> Example run:
>
> VALOR=2
> 2
> 4
> 6
> 8
> 10
> AFTER PAUSE

I think I have found the problem. It has something to do with the BASICAcc2 options. I initialized the options and now it is working fine.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Jerónimo
Responder al #81168

Responder al #81172×

Re: INPUT PROMPT and PAUSE conflict in BASICAcc2 (2018-05-03 07:24 by Jerónimo #81173)

[Reply To Message #81172]
> [Reply To Message #81168]
> > [Reply To Message #81164]
> > > INPUT PROMPT AND PAUSE CONFLICT
> > >
> > > If I use INPUT PROMPT to get the value of a variable, PAUSE stops the printing before it should. This is an issue in some sorts of programs because not all the data is showed.
> >
> > It works OK for me. I use Acc2 v 2.0.2.0 and 64-bir Lazarus Pascal v. 1.82 on Windows 10, 64-bit.
> >
> > Example run:
> >
> > VALOR=2
> > 2
> > 4
> > 6
> > 8
> > 10
> > AFTER PAUSE
>
> I think I have found the problem. It has something to do with the BASICAcc2 options. I initialized the options and now it is working fine.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Jerónimo

Oh, It continues doing it.

It has something to do with SET ECHO "ON".

By now, with SET ECHO "OFF", it is working properly.

Best regards.

Jerónimo
Responder al #81172

Responder al #81173×

Re: INPUT PROMPT and PAUSE conflict in BASICAcc2 (2018-05-05 13:43 by SHIRAISHI Kazuo #81186)

I could not reproduce, but it is able to occur.
Thanks for your report.
Revised edition will be prepared.

>
>
> Example:
>
> INPUT PROMPT "VALOR=":V
> PRINT V*1
> PRINT V*2
> PRINT V*3
> PRINT V*4
> PRINT V*5
> PAUSE
> PRINT "AFTER PAUSE"
> END
>
> But if I use the LET command, it shows all the data properly.
>
> Example:
>
> LET V=5
> PRINT V*1
> PRINT V*2
> PRINT V*3
> PRINT V*4
> PRINT V*5
> PAUSE
> PRINT "AFTER PAUSE"
> END
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Jerónimo
Responder al #81164

Responder al #81186×

Re: INPUT PROMPT and PAUSE conflict in BASICAcc2 (2018-05-07 20:16 by toml12953 #81206)

[Reply To Message #81186]
> I could not reproduce, but it is able to occur.
> Thanks for your report.
> Revised edition will be prepared.

The 2.0.2.1 version still says 2.0.2.0 in the About box
Responder al #81186

Responder al #81206×

Re: INPUT PROMPT and PAUSE conflict in BASICAcc2 (2018-05-08 07:32 by SHIRAISHI Kazuo #81208)

[Reply To Message #81206]
> [Reply To Message #81186]
> > I could not reproduce, but it is able to occur.
> > Thanks for your report.
> > Revised edition will be prepared.
>
> The 2.0.2.1 version still says 2.0.2.0 in the About box

Only one file in the sources was modified, and BASICAcc2.exe was not modified.

Responder al #81206

Responder al #81208×

Re: INPUT PROMPT and PAUSE conflict in BASICAcc2 (2018-05-08 22:23 by Jerónimo #81214)

[Reply To Message #81208]
> [Reply To Message #81206]
> > [Reply To Message #81186]
> > > I could not reproduce, but it is able to occur.
> > > Thanks for your report.
> > > Revised edition will be prepared.
> >
> > The 2.0.2.1 version still says 2.0.2.0 in the About box
>
> Only one file in the sources was modified, and BASICAcc2.exe was not modified.
>

Thank you very much Kazuo.

Best regards.

Jerónimo
Responder al #81208

Responder al #81214×

Re: INPUT PROMPT and PAUSE conflict in BASICAcc2 (2018-05-08 22:30 by Jerónimo #81215)

[Reply To Message #81206]
> [Reply To Message #81186]
> > I could not reproduce, but it is able to occur.
> > Thanks for your report.
> > Revised edition will be prepared.
>
> The 2.0.2.1 version still says 2.0.2.0 in the About box

Also the link to Decimal Basic web page takes you to BASIC Accelerator Ver. 1.0.4.1 (2017.12.16) page instead of BASIC Accelerator Ver. 2 page.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Jerónimo
Responder al #81206

Responder al #81215×

Re: INPUT PROMPT and PAUSE conflict in BASICAcc2 (2018-05-16 16:27 by toml12953 #81285)

[Reply To Message #81215]
> Also the link to Decimal Basic web page takes you to BASIC Accelerator Ver. 1.0.4.1 (2017.12.16) page instead of BASIC Accelerator Ver. 2 page.
> Jerónimo

The link below has ALL releases of ACC and ACC2. You have to scroll down quite far to get to ACC2, though.

https://osdn.net/projects/decimalbasic/releases/
Responder al #81215

Responder al #81285×