I am pleased to announce the release of SbK Gnome 21.3.1. A spin based on Manjaro.
Both iso's in this release include:
1. The 5.15.49 LTS kernel.
2. The following Gnome shell extensions are installed and used:
3. Minimize and Maximize window controls.
4. LightDM instead of GDM with lightlocker screen locking.
5. A new pink shell theme based on Rounded Rectangle thats been heavily modified.
6. The New FlatRemixSpin-Teal5 icon theme with light and dark versions of the control icons. It is part of the FlatRemixSpin-21.3.1 package.
7. The new SpinThemeDarkTeal6 matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package.
8. A LibAdwaita Teal6 theme. Please visit https://spins.tuxfamily.org/libadwaita.html for more information and other color options.
9. Gnome icon in dock to bring up applications. Its color matches the shell theme.
10. The new Usplash-21.3.1 desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
11. The iso's are up to date as of 6/27/2022.
12. An optional Firefox theme, SbK Dark Teal6, that matches the color scheme is available just click on the image on the theme page in Firefox to install it.
Both iso's also contain the standard SbK features.
1. The latest LTS kernel.
2. A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed.
3. It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
4. The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
5. A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso's Click Here
6. Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
7. Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
8. All SbK iso's contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install.
9. Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.