[Howm-eng 121] dates beyond [2038-01-19]?

Back to archive index

Albert REINER Alber****@zurFr*****
Tue Jan 23 22:11:38 JST 2018

Hello,

I have been using Howm (with GNU Emacs on Debian Wheezy) practically
every day for quite some time now, and occasionally I run into the
message "Specified time is not representable".  As it turns out, this
happens when I want to enter a date after 2038-01-19.  I suppose this
has to do with the Unix time representation as the number of seconds
since 1970.  I just wonder whether some work-around exists for the
time being, or whether the plan is just to wait until the underlying
OS adapts.

Of course, none of this is urgent as yet.

Thanks a lot for the work you put into howm,

Albert.