[macemacsjp-english 30] Re: Question regarding mac-utf

Back to archive index

Martin Buchmann Marti****@uni-j*****
Sat Apr 2 21:51:01 JST 2005

Hi Seiji,

> Could show us more information? For example,
>
> * relevant .emacs lines

Sure! I'm not sure what is relevant and what not but i guess that should
be a start:

(require 'mac-utf)

(setq mac-keyboard-text-encoding kTextEncodingMacRoman)
(set-keyboard-coding-system	'mac-roman)
(set-selection-coding-system	'mac-roman)

(set-variable 'file-name-coding-system           'utf-8)
(set-variable 'default-buffer-file-coding-system  'mac-roman-unix)
(set-language-environment                        'German)
(prefer-coding-system                             'mac-roman-unix)

> * filenames you would like to view in dired-mode

E.g. 'Präparationen' is displayed as 'Pra parationen'

> * Is that a Gentoo-specific problem?

Hmm, i must say that i don't know what Gentoo stands for, sorry!

> At present, mac-utf only fixes the problem in Japanese and Korean
> languages but if anyone find German extension, I would like to merge it
> into the mac-utf file.

Sounds great even if i dont have a clue what i can do to help you :-)

Best regards
   Martin