[macemacsjp-english 35] Re: Carbon Emacs Package (Apr. '05)

Back to archive index

Shug Boabby shug.****@gmail*****
Mon Apr 4 07:37:18 JST 2005

On 3 Apr 2005, at 23:36, Seiji Zenitani wrote:
> On 2005/04/04, at 4:16, Shug Boabby wrote:
>> On 3 Apr 2005, at 06:54, Seiji Zenitani wrote:
>>> Carbon Emacs Package (Apr. '05) is available
>> <snip>
>>> * improved fontsets (é, ü etc)
>>
>> hi there,
>>
>> is this supposed to work "out of the box"? i still get empty boxes
>> instead of the euro symbol and the webpage boasts that it should work.
>>
>> in my .emacs i have:
>>    (set-keyboard-coding-system 'mac-roman)
>>    (setq current-language-environment '"Latin-9")
>>    (setq default-input-method '"latin-9-prefix")
>>
>> is there anything else i need?
>
> The above lines seem to be OK. When I  type
> 	C-\ ~ e
> the euro symbol € is printed on the screen.
> Are you using the default fontset? or your own?

ok, that also gets me the € symbol. HOWEVER, that is not a standard way
to enter the euro symbol... i get it by typing alt-2 (some say
option-2) as the british iBook G4 keyboard was designed that way. how
can i fix it to work?

this now seems to be a keyboard issue and not a font one...