[macemacsjp-english 57] Re: Cut and Paste from OSX apps?

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@tkg*****
Mon Apr 25 15:56:32 JST 2005

On 2005/04/19, at 0:39, Jay Cotton wrote:
> It would be nice if there was a way to say something in the .emacs file
> to the effect of: evaluate this expression *last*, after everything
> else has happened to get this system up and running. I'll look in my
> elisp manual and try to learn more about the startup process.
>
> Jay

Check "after-init-hook". According to the manual, that hook is
evaluated in the last stage of startup process.

On 2005/04/25, at 8:58, Justin Burket (KL1RL) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks to all that have worked on this distribution of emacs for OSX.
> It truly has been drag and drop.  I've had few problems except the
> following.  I have been unable to copy text from any other application
> to paste into emacs.  I'm running the April release.
>
> Any thoughts?
> Justin KL1RL
> Fairbanks AK

Probably it depends on your clipboard coding system. By default, it is
set to Shift-JIS-mac (standard encoding in Japan) and it may not fit to
your system.

	(set-clipboard-coding-system 'sjis-mac)

For example, could you please change the coding system by adding the
below line to your .emacs.el? Dear all, what encoding are you using?

	(set-clipboard-coding-system 'mac-roman)

--
Seiji Zenitani