[macemacsjp-english 74] Hide Emacs hotkey does not work in Tiger version

Back to archive index

Tobias Wrigstad tobia****@dsv*****
Tue May 10 19:27:42 JST 2005

Hi,

I'm an addict of Emacs and the CarbonEmacs port. So much in fact
that I waited to upgrade to Tiger until the CarbonEmacs Tiger
build became available.

Anyway, I cannot seem to get cmd+h to work properly. It worked
fine in the previous build. My layman's diagnose is that
CarbonEmacs steals all keyboard input and does not pass it on to
the system as I cannot even get the Hide Emacs hotkey to work
even if I change it (through the System Preferences) to something
that Emacs has no keybinding for.

I found people have been requesting cmd+h to map to
mark-paragraph, but not the other way around.

I also tried to set the

     mac-pass-command-to-system

and

     mac-pass-control-to-system

variables but to no avail. One one occasion I've been able to
invoke Hide Others using the regular keys, but was unable to see
any pattern.

I know there are other ways of hiding Emacs, but I still would
like to get this to work. If anyone out there has a clue, please
tell me. I'm using a Swedish keyboard, it that is of any
importance.

Regards,

Tobias Wrigstad