[macemacsjp-english 187] Re: Carbon Emacs on non-commercial CD or DVD

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@tkg*****
Sun Sep 11 14:44:05 JST 2005

Hi,

On 2005/09/11, at 6:31, Peter Dyballa wrote:

>> Could you tell me more details? Does ispell (aspell) run when you
>> search ascii words? Can you search that characters on other emacs
>> such as Aquamacs on OSX or GNU Emacs on Linux systems?
>
> Ispell is not running (de-activated) when your Carbon Emacs is
> launched. My example is taken from the *Messages* buffer (in ISO
> Latin-1) where statements from .emacs comment the progress or loading:
> ``Emacs ist größer Nr. 20´´.

Sorry, what does ``Emacs ist größer Nr. 20´´ mean? I don't
understand german language.

Both ispell and ispell with german dict run on my ibook. To use
german dict, I temporally took out my .emacs.el, chose "Options >
Mule > Set Language Environment > European > German", choose "Tools >
Spell Checking > Select Dict > Select German Dict".