[macemacsjp-english 191] Re: macemacsjp-english Digest, Vol 7, Issue 8

Back to archive index

David Chadd d.cha****@uea*****
Sun Sep 11 18:47:37 JST 2005

Seiji

macem****@lists***** (message of Sunday 11
September 2005, 14:39) writes:

 > Both ispell and ispell with german dict run on my ibook. To use
 > german dict, I temporally took out my .emacs.el, chose "Options >
 > Mule > Set Language Environment > European > German", choose "Tools >
 > Spell Checking > Select Dict > Select German Dict".

Actually, if I do this (but use 'English' not 'German') on my
August/Panther emacs, I get the error

    ispell-init-process: Error: No word lists can be found for the
    language "en_US".  WARNING: Unable to enter Nroff mode: Unknown
    mode: "nroff".

This happens too if I just try to use ispell or load flyspell-mode.  I
haven't had time to play around with this and see what's happening,
but it seems rather strange (particularly the 'nroff' bit: I haven't
used nroff for years!!)...

David
--
Professor David Chadd
University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK