[macemacsjp-english 199] Re: Encoding problems (this time with the attachments!)

Back to archive index

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.f****@ed*****
Tue Sep 13 21:53:22 JST 2005

    >> Here are two problems that I'm experiencing:
    >>

    Peter> Both of your problems will vanish when you notice that all
    Peter> Carbon Emacsen work with QuickDraw which was developed
    Peter> before Unicode came.  And was a means against ISO
    Peter> standards. So they are optimized for Mac encodings. If you
    Peter> can live in this restriction, try these settings:

    [...]

Thanks for your quick response!  I have tried this [except for setting
the language environment to Brazilian Portuguese -- if anything I'd set
it to Spanish!], but without success.  In fact, things that used to
work no longer do.  For example, if I try to input an "e acute" using
"Option-E e" I get a capital "e grave".  In fact, from your own post: