[macemacsjp-english 212] Little issue using utf-8m and TRAMP

Back to archive index

Martin Buchmann Marti****@uni-j*****
Sat Sep 17 19:31:44 JST 2005

Hi all,

i'm using utf-8m with CVS CarbonEmacs 22.0.50.1 on Tiger 10.4.2 locally
without any problem. But i have encountered problems using TRAMP to
access file on a remote machine.

After i set (setenv "LC_ALL" "C") in my .emacs everything works fine
locally and remotely. But the name of the Month in a local directory
viewed with dired is now shown as 'Mar' for March instead of 'Mär' for
the german montch März. If i set (setenv "LC_ALL" "de_DE.UTF-8") what i
use locally on my german system, the month is displayed fine but TRAMP
is not working. I reported this error here before.

Basically everything is working but not as nice as i could and i don#t
know why :-(

Any ideas?
   Martin

--