[macemacsjp-english 224] Re: Little issue using utf-8m and TRAMP

Back to archive index

Martin Buchmann Marti****@uni-j*****
Sun Sep 18 19:33:39 JST 2005

Pete,

Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dybal****@Web*****> said the following on 17.09.2005
20:11 Uhr:

> Martin, wenn you set LC_ALL to C, then all is in Cheap US English. So
> 'Mar' is as correct as 'May', 'Oct', 'Dec'. That's document in some
> POSIX documents. It's a standard.

I begin to understand where my initial misunderstanding was ;-) It all
has nothing to do with utf-8m, sorry for bothering you! I just need to
find out why TRAMP doesn't like de_DE.UTF-8 as value for LC_ALL.

Best regards
   Martin

--
How often I found where I should be going
only by setting out for somewhere else.