[macemacsjp-english 236] Carbon Emacs Package (Sep. '05; v2)

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@tkg*****
Tue Sep 27 03:19:46 JST 2005

Hi all,

I have revised the Carbon Emacs Package.
Both Tiger build and Panther build are available.

http://home.att.ne.jp/alpha/z123/emacs-mac-e.html

Changes:
* based on Emacs 22.0.50 (CVS 2005-09-27)
* bug fixes in the new dialog code
* auctex is no longer preloaded. In order to use it, add the below
line to your .emacs.el.
  (require 'tex-site)

-- Seiji

On 2005/09/23, at 23:56, Seiji Zenitani wrote:

> Carbon Emacs Package (Sep. '05) for Tiger is now available for
> download:
>
> http://home.att.ne.jp/alpha/z123/emacs-mac-e.html
>
> Changes:
> * based on Emacs 22.0.50 (CVS 2005-09-23)
> * added mmm-mode, nxml-mode, python-mode
> * updated crontab-mode, ess, howm, imaxima, mew, riece, utf-8m
> * removed mac-utf and mule-ucs
> * utf-8m supports Korean Hangul characters without help from mule-ucs
> * better dialog box. Carbon Emacs uses Carbon dialogs instead of
> AppleScript dialog.
> * added /Library/Application Support/Emacs to the load-path (Thanks
> to P. Dyballa)
> * toolbar button toggles the tool-bar-mode (Thanks to D. Reitter's
> tool-bar patch)
>
> In order to use the new load-path in the "Application Support"
> directory, one has to add the below line to '/Library/Application
> Support/Emacs/subdirs.el', following the emacs way. The new directory
> is prior to the site-lisp directory.
>      (normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path)
>
> Unless any serious bug is reported, Panther build will come in a few
> days.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> --
> Seiji Zenitani