[tomoyo-users-en 466] Next version of TOMOYO

Back to archive index
Tetsuo Handa from-****@I-lov*****
Sat Mar 10 12:00:16 JST 2012

Although there are several problems remaining, the next version of TOMOYO is
taking a concrete shape. It is designed for simplicity. For example, since some
people complain that "who can manage domains that exceed many hundreds?", I
changed TOMOYO's domain management from mandatory to optional. For another
example, since some people complain that "I want to use black listing because
white listing is too much burden for me", I changed from allow-only rules to
allow/deny rules which resembles network packet filtering rules.

Due to large changes, the version number cannot be determined yet.
It might be no longer TOMOYO.

Installation instructions and policy specification is available at
http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/testing/ .
If you can prepare a system for evaluation (e.g. virtual machine), please try
and give us feedbacks.