Foros: MIDITrail Message board (Thread #34444)

Can you make MIDItrail 64-bit? (2013-08-22 05:12 by Gingeas #70059)

I am a member of the Black MIDI team on YouTube and we make massive MIDI files to play. Howver, even if we use the 4GB patch on MIDItrail, bigger MIDIs cannot play. We request that you make MIDItrail 64-bit so that we can utilize all our RAM in playing MIDIs. Thank you!

Another issue: when we play large MIdis, the notes do not show up. Why is this? Can this be corrected? Some people have this problem whereas others do not.

Responder al #70059×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Entrar

RE: Can you make MIDItrail 64-bit? (2013-08-26 00:54 by yknk #70080)

> I am a member of the Black MIDI team on YouTube and we make massive MIDI files
> to play. Howver, even if we use the 4GB patch on MIDItrail, bigger MIDIs cannot
> play. We request that you make MIDItrail 64-bit so that we can utilize all our
> RAM in playing MIDIs. Thank you!

It is a interesting challenge.
I am going to try making 64bit version.

> Another issue: when we play large MIdis, the notes do not show up. Why is this?
> Can this be corrected? Some people have this problem whereas others do not.

Probably it depends on capabilities of your graphic card.
A graphic card has some limit value in the process of drawing polygons.
For example, there is a limit on the number of polygons that can be drawn in a single operation.
MIDITrail renders ALL NOTEs every time.
Therefore, if the MIDI file has a large number of notes, it may exceed the limits of the graphic card.
You can check the capabilities of graphic cards by following tool.

KluDX http://www.kludx.com/

Please check next parameter.

DirectX > Capabilities > MaxPrimitiveCount
DirectX > Vertices > MaxVertexIndex

MIDITrail consumes primitives and vertex indexes for 1 note in following rate.

Piano Roll 2D/3D
number of primitive: 12/note
number of vertex index: 36/note
Piano Roll Rain
number of primitive: 2/note
number of vertex index: 6/note

And you have to check memory size of your graphic card.
MIDITrail consumes memory for 1 note in following rate.

Piano Roll 2D/3D
memory: 816 bytes/note
Piano Roll Rain
memory: 136 bytes/note
Responder al #70059

Responder al #70080×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Entrar

RE: Can you make MIDItrail 64-bit? (2013-09-10 09:12 by Gingeas #70198)

Thanks for the response! Can't wait to see it. :D
Responder al #70059

Responder al #70198×

RE: Can you make MIDItrail 64-bit? (2014-02-23 15:43 by yknk #71959)

I released 64bit version.
Please download "MIDITrail-Ver.1.2.1a-Windows64.zip" and try it out.
I hope you enjoy it.
Responder al #70198

Responder al #71959×

RE: Can you make MIDItrail 64-bit? (2014-02-25 21:11 by Gingeas #72000)

[Reply To Message #71959]
> I released 64bit version.
> Please download "MIDITrail-Ver.1.2.1a-Windows64.zip" and try it out.
> I hope you enjoy it.

I thank you so much! The Black MIDI Team thanks you. Thank you for your hard work. It is very appreciated.
Responder al #71959

Responder al #72000×